Feedback & Support
FAQ, Info & Known Issues
Having trouble running the demo or beta? Check out our info and commonly asked questions.
- Download the demo on Gamejolt or Itch.io
- The demo is contained in a zip file. Unzip the file and run the application to play.
- Note that you may need to bypass any popups that warn you that the application isn’t from a trusted developer.
It’s been reported that some antivirus software might cause a “Couldn’t start” windows error. We’ll be sure to look into this, though it seems to affect other games using the same engine.
In the meantime you can look at getting your antivirus software to allow Brief Battles to run. You can also look at disabling your antivirus software at your own risk and perhaps run Windows Defender instead. *Please note* we do not grant any warranty for damages done if you disable your antivirus software.
So far the demo build has been tested with Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers.
Note there have been issues reported of Xbox One controllers used with the wireless adapter having connectivity issues. We’ll work out closer to the PC release.
If you only have PS4 controllers, you can run a free application called Input Mapper before starting the game, your computer should pick up the controllers correctly. The download is only 8mb and can be downloaded here: https://inputmapper.com/.
Official support for other controllers will come in future versions.
Right now the Kickstarter Beta has basic keyboard support for player one. Other players will need controllers to play.
Please note that this is really basic implementation, with all GUI showing controller icons and no remapping options. We’ll extend PC support significantly in future versions.
Our plan with Brief Battles is to create a fantastic couch gaming experience. Brief Battles will launch without online play.
Info & Known Issues
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
OS: Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
Processor: Core i3 2.4 Ghz or equivalent multi-core processor
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX or AMD Radeon 6870 HD series card or higher
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 1.5 GB available space
- It’s been reported that some antivirus software might cause a “Couldn’t start” windows error. We’ll be sure to look into this, though it seems to affect other games using the same engine.
- *Important note* if you’re playing any version of Brief Battles (or any other Unreal Engine game) you might encounter a weird green and pink screen flickering issue. It’s related to recent Nvidia drivers. There’s a fix for it mentioned on the Fortnite forums: epicgames.com